References - Should you wish to check our status as legitimate retailers (a good idea when dealing with any website) please check out the following major crossbow manufacturers who list us as official dealers.
Excalibur Crossbows - www.excaliburcrossbow/dealers
Kodabow Crossbows - kodabow.com/dealers
Patriot Crossbows - www.patriotcrossbows/dealers
Velocity Crossbows - http://velocityarchery.com/official-suppliers/
For independent reviews try www.uk.trustpilot.com and for safety try www.scamadviser.com don't forget to check our competitors as well!
Montie Gear - http://www.montiegear.com/FAQ.html
Terms & Conditions
General Terms & Conditions
1. You must be 18 or over to purchase should you pay by debit card we will check your age using the electoral roll, if you do not appear we will ask for proof of age. Our carrier will not leave items with anyone under 18.
2. All goods damaged in transit must be noted on the courier delivery paperwork and then reported to Outdoorhobbies Limited.
3. Please allow 3 days for delivery of your items on clearance of funds although we aim to dispatch your order within 12 hours (please check item listing for non stock delivery times).
4. All items have at least a 12 month warranty.
5. All prices shown include vat at 20%. Customers from non EEC countries do not pay this charge.
6. Prices are subject to change without notice
7. It is the buyers responsibility to check relevant regulations for orders sent outside of the UK, any items seized by the importing countries customs will not be refunded.
8. In the event of an order being cancelled through no fault of Outdoorhobbies Limited a processing fee of 4% for credit cards, 60p for debit cards and bank transfers dependent on country of origin may be applied to cover the original payment fees.
9. Any missing or damaged items must be reported to Outdoorhobbies Limited within 48 hours of delivery
10. You must read the information sheet attached to your invoice if puchasing a crossbow before use.
11. All items ordered by Outdoorhobbies ltd direct from the manufacturer on behalf of the customer shall be considered as special order.
12. Any cancelled special order item will be subject to a 15% re stocking fee.
13. Any cancelled packed shipments will be subject to a 10% re stocking fee.
1. We offer various methods of payment, debit card, credit card, cheque, postal order and bank transfer.
2. Credit card payments are made through Sagepay and Lloyds TSB. All credit card payments are made through a secure server. Your card details are not kept and your personal details are not passed to any third party.
3. Orders from outside the UK using cards not enrolled in the Visa/Mastercard 3D scheme will be refunded and any processing costs deducted (see general terms point 9).
4. Your payment will appear as Outdoorhobbies on your bank/credit card statement.
1. Deliveries are made by APC overnight, Parcelforce or Royal Mail on a 24/48 hour service (export orders my differ).
2. Deliveries must be signed for by a person of 18 years or older.
3. The delivery charges are clearly shown before you enter your personal and payment details.
4. It is the responsibility of the customer to report goods damaged in transit both with the courier and Outdoorhobbies Limited.
5. Outdoorhobbies Limited will not be responsible for missing items should the delivery be signed for by a third party at the designated delivery address.
6. Outdoorhobbies Limited will not be held responsible for failed deliveries due to courier issues.
7. Outdoorhobbies Limited will not be held responsible for failed deliveries due to customer absense or failure to respond to the courier in time for an alternative delivery/collection.
8. For international orders please ensure your credit/debit card is enrolled in the Mastercard/Visa 3D secure scheme, if not your payment will be refunded and a 4% fee deducted if payment is by credit card.
1. All returns must be approved by Outdoorhobbies Limited. Please contact us by either phone or email for a returns number that must accompany your returned items.
2. Should your item be faulty within the first 12 months Outdoorhobbies Limited will pay the shipping charge (UK Only) to return the items, capped at the shipping charge on the original invoice. No charge for re delivery of the replacement to you will be incurred.
3. Should you be unhappy with your purchase please return unused within 14 days of receipt and we will refund your product cost in full.
4. The cost of returning non faulty items is the responsibility of the customer unless by prior arrangement with Outdoorhobbies Limited.
5. After the first 30 days if we are unable to repair or replace a faulty item an alternative will be offered.
6. All items must be returned for a full refund.
7. The returned items should be well packaged and protected from further damage.
8. Please ensure you insure the items for the full value with your return delivery agent.
9. Any damage caused by your delivery agent during the return journey must be claimed from them and invalidates any warranty offered by Outdoorhobbies Limited.
10. Returned items must not have been modified, adapted or their appearance changed in any way.
11. Should you item be faulty within the first 30 days you are entitled to a refund of the product cost.
12. In the event of an exchange the goods must be returned before the exchange items are shipped.
FREE return service
1. This service is only available to UK customers only
2. Item(s) must be within 14 days of delivery date
3. All returns must be approved by Outdoorhobbies Limited. Please contact us by either phone or email for a returns number that must accompany your returned item(s)
4. The items must be unused and you will be required to pack the items in the condition they arrived in
5. We will require the total weight of the package(s)
6. We will email you a return label(s) to attach to the packages(s)
7. You drop off the package(s) at your local collection point
8. You must retain the receipt provided when you drop off
9. On receipt of your returned goods you be refunded in full
10. Free return shipping applies to once per customer
11. This does not apply to special order items
Further, under the United Kingdom's Distance Selling Regulations, you have the right to cancel the contract for the purchase of any of our items within a period of 14 working days, beginning with the day after the day on which the item is delivered. This applies to all of our products. Please see above for return policy. When purchasing items on the internet always ensure the website you are purchasing from conforms to the distance selling regulations.
Second Hand Sales
1. All adverts must be approved by Outdoorhobbies Limited.
2. Outdoorhobbies Limited will not be held responsible for advert content or image accuracy.
3. All advert fees are non refundable (full credit will be given against purchase of a new crossbow).
4. It is the sellers responsible to confirm the buyer is legally able to purchase their item.
5. All descriptions must be truthful and honest.
6. Outdoorhobbies Limited reserve the right to delete any advert we believe to be fraudulent (no refund given).
7. It is the sellers responsibility to collect payment and dispatch the purchased item.
8. Outdoorhobbies Limited cannot be held responsible for non payment by the buyer.
9. Outdoorhobbies Limited cannot be held responsible for non delivery of purchased items.
10. It is the sellers responsibility to inform Outdoorhobbies that the item is sold.
11. Outdoorhobbies Limited will pass on all enquiries, it is the sellers responsibility to contact potential buyers.
12. Only used items that are in working condition can be advertised.
13. We reserve the right to refuse or remove an advert with no explanation required.
1. The website (not used sales website) in question is based in the UK and has a landline telephone number on the website.
2. The product we are price matching is in stock (not special order and available for next day delivery) with the competing website.
3. The product is the same model or version.
4. The product includes the same accessories as our listed item.
5. The website is still trading and can be contacted.
6. The product to be matched must not be on special offer or clearance.
7. The price match does not apply to items that have been previously ordered or delivered.
8. We reserve the right to refuse to match items we feel are being listed as a loss leader or incorrectly priced.
* Please note we do not match prices on Ebay, Amazon, Gunstar or any other used sales websites.
IMPORTANT NOTICE - DISCLAIMER
Please refer to the safety guide provided with the purchase, or if in any doubt, feel free to contact us by phone or email.
Source: Act 2003
Section 1 - (Sale): It is an offence for any person to sell or let on hire a crossbow or part there of to a person under the age of 18.
Section 2 - (Purchase): It is an offence for any person under the age of 18 to buy or hire a crossbow or part there of.
Section 3 - (Possession): It is an offence for any person under the age of 18 to have with him a crossbow which is capable of discharging a missile, or parts of a crossbow which together can be assembled to form a crossbow capable of discharging a missile.
Hunting is illegal in the UK.