References - Should you wish to check our status as legitimate retailers (a good idea when dealing with any website) please check out the following major crossbow manufacturers who list us as official dealers.
Excalibur Crossbows - www.excaliburcrossbow/dealers (Enter our post code HG1 4RD in the box on the page)
For independent reviews try www.uk.trustpilot.com and for safety try www.scamadviser.com don't forget to check our competitors as well!
Terms & Conditions
General Terms & Conditions
1. You must be 18 or over to purchase should you pay by debit card we will check your age using the electoral roll, if you do not appear we will ask for proof of age. Our carrier will not leave items with anyone under 18.
2. All goods damaged in transit must be noted on the courier delivery paperwork and then reported to Outdoorhobbies Limited.
3. Please allow 3 days for delivery of your items on clearance of funds although we aim to dispatch your order within 12 hours (please check item listing for non stock delivery times).
4. All items have at least a 12 month warranty.
5. All prices shown include vat at 20%. Customers from outside of the UK do not pay this charge.
6. Prices are subject to change without notice
7. It is the buyers responsibility to check relevant regulations and provide any paperwork for orders sent outside of the UK, any items seized by the importing countries customs will not be refunded.
8. Any missing or damaged items must be reported to Outdoorhobbies Limited within 48 hours of delivery
9. You must read the information sheet attached to your invoice if purchasing a crossbow before use.
10. All items ordered by Outdoorhobbies ltd direct from the manufacturer on behalf of the customer shall be considered as special order and subject to a 15% restocking charge if cancelled.
11. The 10% deposit for items ordered directly from the manufacturer is non refundable in the event of cancellation by the customer.
1. We offer various methods of payment, debit card, credit card, cheque, postal order and bank transfer.
2. Credit card payments are made through Clearaccept, Sagepay and Lloyds TSB. All credit card payments are made through a secure server. Your card details are not kept and your personal details are not passed to any third party.
3. Orders from outside the UK using cards not enrolled in the Visa/Mastercard 3D scheme will be refunded and any processing costs deducted.
4. Your payment will appear as Outdoorhobbies on your bank/credit card statement.
1. Deliveries are made by Parcelforce, Hermes or Royal Mail on a 24/48 hour service (export orders my differ).
2. Deliveries must be signed for by a person of 18 years or older (checks for UK customers will be made before dispatch).
3. The delivery charges are clearly shown before you enter your personal and payment details.
4. It is the responsibility of the customer to report goods damaged in transit both with the courier and Outdoorhobbies Limited.
5. Should goods be damaged by the carrier you may be required to complete a form from the shipper.
6. Outdoorhobbies Limited will not be responsible for missing items should the delivery be signed for by a third party at the designated delivery address.
7. Outdoorhobbies Limited will not be held responsible for lost earnings due to courier issues.
8. Outdoorhobbies Limited will not be held responsible for failed deliveries due to customer absense or failure to respond to the courier in time for an alternative delivery/collection.
9. For international orders please ensure your credit/debit card is enrolled in the Mastercard/Visa 3D secure scheme, if not your payment will be refunded.
1. All returns must be approved by Outdoorhobbies Limited. Please contact us by either phone or email for a returns number that must accompany your returned items.
2. Should your item be faulty within the first 12 months Outdoorhobbies Limited will pay the shipping charge (UK Only) to return the items, capped at the shipping charge on the original invoice. No charge for re delivery of the replacement to you will be incurred.
3. Should you be unhappy with your purchase please return unused in it's original condition including packaging within 14 days of receipt and we will refund your product cost in full.
4. The cost of returning non faulty items (outside mainland UK) is the responsibility of the customer unless by prior arrangement with Outdoorhobbies Limited.
5. After the first 30 days if we are unable to repair or replace a faulty item a refund or alternative will be offered.
6. All items must be returned IN THEIR ORIGINAL CONDITION (and packaging) for a full refund.
7. The returned items should be well packaged and protected from further damage.
8. Please ensure you insure the items for the full value with your return delivery agent (outside Mainland UK).
9. Any damage caused by your delivery agent during the return journey must be claimed from them and invalidates any warranty offered by Outdoorhobbies Limited.
10. Returned items must not have been modified, adapted or their appearance changed in any way.
11. Should your item be faulty within the first 30 days and cannot be repaired you are entitled to an exchange or refund of the product cost.
12. In the event of an exchange the goods must be returned before the exchange items are shipped.
FREE return service
1. This service is only available to Mainland UK customers only
2. You must request the free return within 48 hours of delivery.
3. All returns must be approved by Outdoorhobbies Limited. Please contact us by either phone or email for a returns number that must accompany your returned item(s)
4. The item must be unused, in their original condition and you will be required to pack the items into 1 box for return.
5. We will require the dimensions plus the total weight of the package.
6. We will email you a return label(s) to attach to the packages.
7. You drop off the package at your local collection point or we arrange collection.
8. You must retain the receipt provided when you drop off
9. On receipt of your returned goods you be refunded in full
10. Free return shipping applies to once per customer
11. This does not apply to special order items
12. The item(s) must be received back no later than 48 hours from initial return request.
Further, under the United Kingdom's Distance Selling Regulations, you have the right to cancel the contract for the purchase of any of our items within a period of 14 working days, beginning with the day after the day on which the item is delivered. This applies to all of our products. Please see above for return policy. When purchasing items on the internet always ensure the website you are purchasing from conforms to the distance selling regulations.
Second Hand Sales
1. All adverts must be approved by Outdoorhobbies Limited.
2. Outdoorhobbies Limited will not be held responsible for advert content or image accuracy.
3. All advert fees are non refundable (full credit will be given against purchase of a new crossbow).
4. It is the sellers responsible to confirm the buyer is legally able to purchase their item.
5. All descriptions must be truthful and honest.
6. Outdoorhobbies Limited reserve the right to delete any advert we believe to be fraudulent (no refund given).
7. It is the sellers responsibility to collect payment and dispatch the purchased item.
8. Outdoorhobbies Limited cannot be held responsible for non payment by the buyer.
9. Outdoorhobbies Limited cannot be held responsible for non delivery of purchased items.
10. It is the sellers responsibility to inform Outdoorhobbies that the item is sold.
11. Outdoorhobbies Limited will pass on all enquiries, it is the sellers responsibility to contact potential buyers.
12. Only used items that are in working condition can be advertised.
13. We reserve the right to refuse or remove an advert with no explanation required.
IMPORTANT NOTICE - DISCLAIMER
Please refer to the safety guide provided with the purchase, or if in any doubt, feel free to contact us by phone or email.
Source: Act 2003
Section 1 - (Sale): It is an offence for any person to sell or let on hire a crossbow or part there of to a person under the age of 18.
Section 2 - (Purchase): It is an offence for any person under the age of 18 to buy or hire a crossbow or part there of.
Section 3 - (Possession): It is an offence for any person under the age of 18 to have with him a crossbow which is capable of discharging a missile, or parts of a crossbow which together can be assembled to form a crossbow capable of discharging a missile.
Hunting is illegal in the UK.