This is the smaller Bag Target taking a bolt at 370ft p/sec at 10ft from a MK-XB55
The target is the most important accessory you can have for your crossbow as you need to retrieve your bolt and in good condition to use it again. You need a good target when using arrows or bolts that can cost in excess of £10 each and travel as fast as 400+ feet per second. Using the wrong type of target will result in damage to your arrows/bolts, difficult retrieval from the target and sometimes an inability to stop the arrow/bolt before it goes through and causes further damage. The best targets stop your arrow/bolts at the point end not by 'friction' or squashing the arrow/bolt as it enters. The more expensive bag or block targets come ready packed but this comes at a premium both in cost and weight, with our FREE targets you fill them yourselves with old clothes, duvets and blankets etc.
We are offering 3 different targets depending on the crossbow package ordered, you can upgrade to the better target at the point of ordering should you wish.
1. Shot Stoppa Bag Target - 45cm x 60cm
* Printed one side (multiple target faces)
* Safety pin fastening
* FREE With Pistol & Budget Crossbows
2. Shot Stoppa Sack Target - 50cm x 80cm
* Printed two sides (multiple target faces)
* Velcro Fastening
* Brass Eylets for hanging
* FREE With Standard Crossbows & Budget Crossbows With Starter Kit
3. Shot Stoppa Cube Target - 50cm x 50cm x 50cm
* Printed six sides (multiple target faces x 3, animal targets x 3)
* Velcro fastening
* FREE with Premium Crossbows & Standard Packages With Starter Kits
You have the option to upgrade your target when ordering
1. Fill with old clothes, material, blankets, duvets etc
2. Do not use items such as sand, straw or paper packing
3. Ensure you pack the target really tight if there are gaps the bolts will find a way through
4. Close the Sack and Cube using the velcro fastening, you need to use safety pins on the Bag
5. Use all of the target faces to prolong the life of your target
6. Always shoot in a downwards direction at your target
"Hi to all you crossbow enthusiasts, just a few words regarding the free cube target being supplied by outdoor hobbies. I purchased an Excalibur 405 & found that the bolts were penetrating to the fetching & beyond & I couldn't draw them out very well when using other targets which made me lose confidence using such a high poundage bow & resulted in it being left hanging on the wall. Anyway I had to order some other bits & explained to Gary what my experience had been, he then suggested using the Cube & filling it with rags, so on arrival I duly filled it with rags & I must just point out you do need quite a lot of rags anything like old clothes,towels, sheets etc. but it must be packed very tight so you can't get anymore in, I even stood on them as I filled it. I then shot the target from 15 yards & to my surprise it worked just fine stopping the bolt. I'm using the Diablo18" with field tip. So save yourselves £££ as the cube works just fine".